miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2011

The 2011 Stephen King Challenge!

I just found out about this challenge from Book Chick City and though I've read a LOT of King over the years, I still have many books of his that I haven't read. Since I just finished The Shining (shame on me for putting it off for so long) and plan on reading Full Dark, No Stars as well as diving into The Dark Tower series, I though I'd participate.

Read so far (August 10), only one! - The Shining, and have started re-reading the short story collection Skeleton Crew.

On the to-read list:

  1. The Stand comic book adaptation trade paperbacks, starting with Captain Trips which are issues 1-5 of the series. Have already ordered it online and am awaiting its arrival.
  2. Under the Dome - Have heard many good things about this one.
  3. Full Dark, No Stars now that its out in paperback.
  4. The Dark Tower series - I read the first two books a long time ago and then just never got back to the series. I plan to buy the revised edition of The Gunslinger and see if I can at least finish the next three books in the series by the end of the year.
  5. American Vampire - a comic book series only partially written by King, but I think its still counts.
  6. 11/22/63 - The premise is so interesting that I'll buy the hardcover version instead of waiting for the paperback as I usually do.
  7. Mile 81 - I plan to buy en e-reader this year and this will be my first ebook purchase.

Will I be able to finish this list? Probably not, in fact I know I won't, but I'll have a lot of fun trying!

No hay comentarios: